- 3 medium beets, roasted and cut into ¼" slices
- 1 tablespoon olive oil (preferably Le Vigne Winery Arbequina)
- 1 bunch Red Russian Kale, cut into bite-size pieces
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ¼ cup edible flowers, de-petaled
- Sprinkle with fresh chevre or shaved parmesan (optional—we prefer Tomme Périgourdine Affiné from Fromagerie Sophie)
- ½ lemon, juiced
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- ½ cup apple cider (preferably Bristol Mangelwurzel)
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (preferably Le Vigne Winery Arbequina)
“There is an old expression ‘say it with flowers.’ For us at Loo Loo Farms we take that saying to heart and say it with edible flowers. We grow over a dozen varieties of edible flowers and think they are both a beautiful and delicious way of sharing farm-fresh love with friends and family. Edible Flowers include: villas, pansies, nasturtium, cornflower, borage and more. Think of it as really pretty lettuce.” - Farmers Seth and Zina Engel, Loo Loo Farm, Paso Robles
Whisk dressing ingredients until fully integrated.
Combine chopped kale and beet greens. Toss with salad dressing, top with beet slices, salt and pepper. Refrigerate for at least one hour prior to serving. To plate salad: Top with a small square of honeycomb and sprinkle with edible flowers and chevre or parmesan.